Sunday, November 27, 2011

Fooood

 One of my favorite things, is to EAT.  Is there much else better than food?  I'd argue that there isn't much.  God, Family, Food....looks right to me.  One of the things I love most about the holidays is the food!  And this time of year gives me the perfect excuse to EAT more and COOK more.  Because if I love something more than eating, it's cooking.

There is just something about cooking.  It's like therapy for my soul. I get into the kitchen, bust out one of my amazing Cuisinart pots, onion and garlic.  Oh  my gosh, that smell is heaven. More than that though, there is just something about making food for my Christian.  Preparing a meal and when Christian comes home to a house that smells like BLISS because of something I made.  Wow, it's the best feeling.  He will provide for me, and I will provide for him-in a delicious way!  The 'mmmmmm' when he takes a bite, there ain't nothing better!  There is something to be said about being domestic.  It might not be for all women, but it sure is fulfilling for this woman.  It truly gives me Joy.

Digressing. So. Food. It's a good thing.

So for all you foodies out there that are always looking for something new and amazing to add to your rotation do I have a meal for you!  So here are some amazing new finds.  I LOVE experimenting and trying new things.  Food Network & Pintrest are my cooking go-to's!  Well that and Mr. Alton Brown! He truly is a genius.

Ok: Meal of the week.  Costs about 8 or so bucks to make and it is SO worth it!

Mexican Lime Chicken Soup: Here is what you need:

  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 onion
  • 6 cloves garlic
  • 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
  • 2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, plus 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
  • 6 cups chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • Juice of 2 limes
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1 hass avocado, thinly sliced lengthwise into 12 pieces
  • Crushed tortilla chips
In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, lower the heat to medium and cook until the onion begins to brown. Increase the heat to high, push the vegetables to the side of the pan, add the chicken and cook, stirring, until golden. Stir in the chipotles and adobo sauce, then stir in the chicken broth. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and lime juice; season with salt and pepper, and voi la! You're done! It literally takes minutes to make.  When you serve the soup you then put crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, avacado slices and cheese as toppings and there you have a perfect 'cold-day' soup.

I hope you cook this and LOVE it! I'm going to start posting some of my favorite meals every week.  I can guarantee that I LOVE them all. Lol whether or not we have the same taste is another question.  So if you don't like them, ummm my bad.  But I will respectfully disagree :P


Good Eating!
Des

1 comment: