Sunday, November 4, 2012

Ready for the week!

This week is going to be jam-packed! I am so READY!

This week I am preparing for a Juice Cleanse.  I certainly do not get enough of the nutrients I need, especially because I work all the time! Which means cooking has become something I am able to enjoy only once in blue moon!  This makes me sad, but until I am able to work less than full time, it is my lot!  So we eat out a lot, not horribly, but not fresh home-cooked either!  My Warren sisters invited me to do a juice cleanse with them this week.  I wasn't sure about it, but as I started looking into the benefits of it, I decided I would!

This weekend we bought a juicer.  It's a Black & Decker model, we bought the cheapest one we could find, since we weren't sure this was something that would really catch on!  However, it had a four out of five star rating online from about 400 people, so we felt safe that if we did enjoy it, this would still be a good choice!  After using it for the first time tonight, I would have to say I approve! It works wonderfully!




So tonight I made enough juice for myself for tomorrow!  Nothing but juice for seven days! Well I'm going to cheat, ONLY because tomorrow we will have been married for six months and Christian is doing something special for me- couldn't say no to that :)  So except for one meal tomorrow, nothing but juice till Saturday!  I have heard that this cleanse gives lots of energy, and cleans out your system! I went online to find recipes so when I went shopping today I'd know what to get!  I loved looking at all the freshness, I love the way fruits and veggies look naturally, it reminds me how creative and amazing God really is.  How much He cared for what He was creating in order to allow us to be healthy and happy!   Beautiful! Take a look!


I got a huge variety of things, because I wanted a variety of juices to chose from for the week.  Tonight I made a ginger lemon juice: 1 (1 inch) piece of ginger root, 1 fresh lemon, 6 carrots, and one apple =my favorite! Stomach cleanser: 1 handful of grapes, 1 handful of strawberries, 3 apples and 1 oranges. & Green juice: 3 pears, 5 stalks of kale, 3 large pieces of romaine lettuce,1 small lemon! All are great, and wonderfully nutritious!


So I'm set for Monday! Ready for my juice, and my hot date with my husband :D  What else this week has in store: Quality time with my bro and his wife-spending the night Friday night (seeing the new bond movie!), going to the Nutcracker market Saturday with my sister, and the Color run on Sunday :D I'm so psyched, it's gonna be a great week!

More posts to come, in the mean time...everyone have a great week! Expect great things, our God is a great God :)

-mrs.warren



No comments:

Post a Comment