This point in wedding planning, I am in vintage bliss. I have a huge heart for all things vintage. I do feel at points that God created me a little late, and I was suppose to be born back when style was classy and women wore dresses everyday, because it was everyday wear! I was meant to be a late 30's early 40's girl. Sigh, which would make me around 80ish today...sigh. There is something to be said about tea length dresses, finger wave hairstyles, hats, pearls, and much more. I know I'm fairly naive when it comes to this topic, because life wasn't all clothes, music, and wonderful acting. There were hard times, and all I have to say to that is, I know. Sigh, God knows what he's doing. This is the only time I wish I was an actress, so I could play a part in a movie set in the past and dress up and be around vintage things....but since that's not going to happen...antique stores it is :P
So vintage wedding, sigh :) I thought I'd post some pictures of where my inspiration is taking me. I hope you enjoy, and if you have any recommendations, or have seen something that would fit, feel free to hit me up with them! Which reminds me-I'm doing you AND the world a favor by sharing one of the most amazing inventions of our time. Ready?

(P)intrest. I virtual pin board. Not only can you find almost anything under the sun from DIY, to the best recipes you've ever seen...it's just the most amazing thing. Check it out!
Now with wedding beauty. Let me know what you think :)
 |
| Since we're having an outside wedding, we'll be doing our programs on the back of fans...it's pratical and so cute, vintage? not sure, but definitely beautiful :) |
 |
| I love this Ribbon idea, I realize this would take a ridiculous amount of time on allll the chairs, so we're just going to do them on the back row of chairs for the ceremony. Beautiful. | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
|
 |
| Mason Jar Love |
|
 |
| Simple favors, but with a vintage twist. Gonna try to have a custom stamp made, precious pouches of sweetness :) |
 |
| Yes we are! Going to have glass bottles of Diet Dp, and Coke Zero, we will have them in silver bins next to the drink table, gives it an oldie vintage feel :) |
 |
| I love this idea because we can put vintage looking lanterns on the ladders to give it an old feel. plus the soft light will be so romantic <3 |
 |
| I LOVE this idea, maybe not in this way, but having a table of pictures of our parents and grandparents weddings, showing the history of marriage and love in our families, and our understanding of its sacredness | |
Ok, I could truly keep going, and getting pictures on here isn't as easy as I thought it would be, so I'll end things here. Enjoy this wonderfully rainy day, xoxoxox
Cheers,
Des
Love the ideas you have already. On the note of the family tree thing, I didn't like how they did but maybe Jonathan can paint a tree on wood and cute it out somehow. As I am writing this it sounds a bit cheesy but I am sure he could make it classy!
ReplyDeleteOh I bet he could, I'll have to ask him! Cause yeah I didn't like how they did it either! Thanks for the idea:)!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love the pictures! I'm excited to see the reality of you're vision!
ReplyDeletethanks mommy :D love you!
ReplyDelete