YES It's TRUE!
Christian did gain a little (shhhh ;}) but then he got sick and one of the perks of sickness, cause it's the only one...is weight loss. So he's back to normal! I have gained about 4 lbs...which yeah yeah isn't horrible, but when you're pettite & under 5ft in height, every lb counts!
I realized that I don't want marriage to become an excuse to become undisciplined in things I use to be very disciplined in before marriage. Keeping up with my appearance being one of them.
You all know how it is, you start dating someone...and you spend over an hour picking out what to wear, putting on make up. I remember my very first date with christian...and I had no woman home to help me get dressed, it was horrible! But it took forever for me to pick out that perfect outfit, and get my hair just right, and the butterflies were insane! Those days were awesome :)
![]() |
| I even wore lipstick which I never do :) |
![]() |
| Our 'technical' first date at My brothers wedding :) |
Well now we're married, and we wake up together, we have morning breath together, messed up hair, and it is just not the same as it use to be. We are very comfortable together, and that's normal (and actually it's much better than the butterflies :]), but I never want to stop caring about how I look. I've done too much research for work on how physical appearance means a lot to men, and for a husband..He notices if his wife lets herself go. Now I know I'm no where 'letting myself go'. But I do know that it just takes a little, to let a little more, and a little more, and a little more.....sooo I'm getting back on the working out wagon! Woot woot...and my inspiration? Well of course my amazing hubby :) but also! Dun dun dun dunnnnnn
Yesssss! The funnest 5k ever! Every time you pass specific marks you get a hit of color, literal color on you..and by the end of the run you look something like this.....
![]() | |
| Oh yeah, this is gonna be me! |
Christian is very proud of me, and that means a lot :) I'm excited to get back in shape for myself and for my husband! Wish me luck on this little journey!
At this very moment the hubs and I are rooting on the USA compete in the Olympics, getting excited in anticipation for the rain, loving our simple and beautiful life. God is so good.
Cheers :)
DW





No comments:
Post a Comment