"There is no surprise more magical than the surprise of being loved. It is the finger of God on a man's shoulder." Charles Morgan
I came across this quote today and realized I have been feeling in my spirit this very thing. Since becoming engaged, the life of myself and christian has been so busy, hectic, and filled with drama from all sides it seems. I find myself reaching out to God for comfort and expectation for Him to take everything away and make it all better. Yet in the smallest ways God communicates truths that I have a tendency to forget amidst life that seems constantly unfair. Today in the silence of the kitchen as I put up dishes, He reminded me that I'm blessed in Love.
Roughly four and a halfish years ago I met this guy. When i reflect on the first memory I have of meeting Christian Warren I see in the heavens God's hand at work. Looking down on Destiny who thought she had it all together, and could handle life on her own, no problem. Despite my arrogance, God knew that soon life was going to get a little too heavy for my two hands alone. I would need two more.
God designed marriage for purpose. It isn't simply so we can have someone to tell us we're loved or beautiful or handsome, or needed. It isn't so we wouldn't go home to a house that is empty, or so we have someone to attend parties and events with. It isn't even because, prior to marriage we are only half alive or full, and need their presence to make us truly complete. No, those would be the world's definitions of marriage. Although, those are beautiful byproducts of marriage, those things and more are easily found today outside the boundaries of marriage. No, God has a purpose for bringing two of His children together to become one. For example, Adam and Eve. They were not given in marriage simply because they had butterflies when they saw each other, their marriage had purpose and was ordained for purpose. They were to be stewards over the garden, God's garden. The same is true with us, and as I contemplate the time I have between now and the day I will become Mrs. Christian Warren, I can't help but wondering what Christian and I will do for the Lord in the years that will make up our life together.
I remember at the beginning of this year when some traumatic news hit my life, Christian looking into my eyes and telling me, "I love you." In that moment I can honestly say I was surprised by love. We had both said the words many times before, and both meant them. Yet it was in that dark moment, when I was laying on the floor of my living room in tears, that Love took me by surprise. Not just the love of the most wonderful man I know, but the Love of an all-knowing God that knew I would need that man before my life began, and orchestrated our meeting...for a purpose. I have two hands by which to live and work and serve God. God, with His great mercy surprised me with two more.
Despite life and all it's uncertainties, God's Love never fails. Four years ago He sent me a human representation of what that means, and it truly has been the finger of God on my shoulder constantly since that first day.
wow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

These truths are wonderfully said and beautifully explained...and you say you aren't a writer, I beg to disagree. I've always loved this scripture.
ReplyDeleteProverbs 30:18-20
18 “There are three things that are too amazing for me, four that I do not understand:
19 the way of an eagle in the sky, the way of a snake on a rock, the way of a ship on the high seas, and the way of a man with a young woman."
so beautiful mom, i love you, thank you <3
ReplyDelete