Friday, January 14, 2011

Death is never convenient...

The year has just begun and already death has found its way in my life.  Not the death of a person, but the death of a way of life I had become very use to.

I am almost 26 and realize that many things in my life were decided for me.  It's hard, growing up, making your own decisions and being responsible for what those decisions bring about.Yet there is such a blessing in that.  It's wonderful to wake up knowing that I have a choice in things, that I have a say in what I do and where I go. That I can chose.  Isn't that the most basic foundation of Christian belief?  That God gave man choice, and it is choice that has brought us to the state we are in?  Yet, choice is the ultimate display of love, is it not?  If God had designed us all to chose Him and be obedient, well we might look very right and behave as we should, yet there would be no love in the mix.  There is love when a sinner turns from the life that they have lived and chose to follow the One, True God. Choice.  There is something about choice it seems.


Maybe this all reads very abstract and nonsensical, and that's ok.  I don't want to bore anyone with the humdrum details of my life that have lead me to contemplate what an important aspect choice plays in all of our lives.  Still, after years of living a certain way, change has rudely pushed its way into my life and reminded me that choice is freedom. 

As I look onto this coming year I do see many more changes. In life, in love, in faith, in trust.  If i believe anything I do believe that God can turn something that satan meant for evil, and use it for the good of those that love Him.  I do strongly stand firm by this.  Stepping forward into that truth is not easy, or simple...but it is necessary. I thank God for the freedom He gives us to love Him and others, I thank God for the freedom to choose, I thank God for the free will that although gets us into so much trouble at times, also allows us to experience the redemptive Power of Jesus Christ. 

On a lighter and more comprehend-able note...Chick-fil-a sounds good :)

3 comments:

  1. Some great thoughts! I love that He gave us a choice and through those choices we can bring glory to Him and show Him love.

    And Chick-fil-a always sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a little behind on the reading of blogs. I love what you have written and love seeing your faith in God. Oh and as I was reading this I am eating Chick-fil-a! It's fate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I love you both you are so kind, we should all get together soon:) chick-fil-a is always good eats!

    ReplyDelete