I just have to say, it's good to be engaged. Especially when I'm engaged to such a upstanding gentleman, and amazing man of God.
Everyday Christian shows me a love that I'm not quite sure I deserve. God is good to me :)
These past few months have been fulllll of blessings :D I always joke about Christian being blessed. He has told me stories of his life and he seems to have a very direct favor from God. By the time I knew him, I could see this for myself. The car he wanted, he got. The jobs he wanted, he got. The girl he wanted, he got ;)
Welllll, my life certainly hasn't ever seem to go that way, or it hasn't felt as evident. Life has been hard, and yes God is good, but life is very hard. And then one day an amazing man asked me to marry him. Wow. And although I do feel very blessed and taken care of by God, there is just something different Christian has seemed to have. I don't know how to explain it, without it sounding like I'm throwing a pity party and I don't feel blessed. At any rate, that is not the case. However, Since being engaged, I have felt that Christian's favor has just completely carried over into my life...beginning with my being engaged to him to begin with :)
And so goes my list of blessings this week and past couple of months. Yes, I know the old aged saying, "Count your blessings" may be cliche...yet it truly does help bring myself into a different and more appreciative state of mind. Here we go :)
-Engaged :)
-Booking Erika Rivera as our wedding photographer and then magically and amazingly getting her friend to stylize our session (for free I might add)!
-Selecting a home
-Offering roughly 25,000 less than what the seller was wanting and getting our home for an awesome price!
-getting to live with my amazing sister one last time
-Christian getting a free iPhone after his was stolen
-seller taking care of every expense the inspector discovered
-finding/inspecting/appraising/closing on our home in exactly the amount of time needed before I had to move out of my current temporary home
-getting extra money from random places all month
-having to pay much much less in closing costs than we had anticipated
'sigh'there are many more, and I write them out to praise God for His blessing and for the added blessing I know is coming from my connection to Chris.
When life s hard its harder to recognize the protection and blessing from God, but it's still there...we just have to worker harder to recognize it...something the enemy surely doesnt want, which is all the reason more to do it.
Isiaiah 58:11,"The Lord will satisfy your soul in drought, And strengthen your bones;
You shall be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment